Thursday, June 9, 2011

Loving Nolan From Afar

Remember when I told you that being pregnant with a boy made me start loving sports? Well, the joy never left, and I'm still eating up all the action I can. I've always loved Nolan Ryan, one of the greatest pitchers in the world. I blame it on my dad, who got me into baseball and helped me collect a ridiculous amount of Nolan Ryan baseball cards when I was probably 10. If Dad loved him, so did I (did I also mention I was quite the daddy's girl?).

Anyway, I read the most heartwarming story on CNN today (imagine that) and had to share it with you. In short, the Rangers, along with Nolan Ryan (part-owner and team president), have drafted a partially paralyzed college baseball player, mostly just as an extremely kind gesture. The kid may never even walk again after a collision with a teammate during a game, but right now, he's got some hope and something to motivate him to try. Geez. Try being a sports fiend mixed with a mommy. Now I get all teary-eyed mixed with competitive. It's a strange world I live in these days, but I love it. Check out the story here and let me know what you think. Goooooooo Rangers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment