Friday, November 19, 2010

a peppermiracle

Yesterday, a peppermint hot chocolate saved my (and my students') life.  Sound dramatic?  Well, that's my job.  I am pregnant, after all...

But I woke up with a stuffy, runny nose and felt like my head was huge.  I was exhausted, and I'm ashamed to admit, very cranky.  I dropped Nate off at work and decided to stop at Starbucks on the way to school.  On a whim, I ordered a peppermint hot chocolate, and after one sip, I couldn't stop beaming. It made my entire morning, and I went through the rest of the day with a song in my heart.

So I decided to try my experiment again today, and I had a peppermint shake for lunch.  Again, beaming.  Hopefully my little light will shine all the way through the rest of my day teaching adverb clauses.  Peppermint is my spark! 

No comments:

Post a Comment