Monday, November 1, 2010

Nursery overhaul

We did it, we did it, we DID IT!  We finished painting Milo's nursery, with these fabulous murals on the two side walls. 
Nate and April drew the airplanes, Nate drew the train, and we all participated in the painting.  In fact, Nate and I were painting for what felt like two solid days.  But looking at the finished product, I am completely delighted.  It turned out even better than I could have imagined!
Nate drew this one, and I spent a lot of time painting the basic stuff.  Then Nate went back and worked his magic and made the whole thing come to life.  He astounds me.
April did this plane - she and Nate are ridiculous!  We ended up painting the faces on both of the little guys, basically because the green faces looked a bit like Martians.  In the next pic, you should be able to tell that their faces are now a peachy-color.



Here are both planes, flying right behind Milo's crib.  Nate had to carefully angle the larger one so it didn't look like it was coming in for a crash-landing on top of Milo. He was really concerned about that!


All aboard the Milo train!  This wall is across from the wall with the planes and crib.  Believe it or not, the orange on this baby took no fewer than 10 coats of paint.  AHHHHHH!!!!

4 comments:

  1. That is amazing! Are you for hire? I've got a pink & green playroom that is in need of some adorable murals!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Aimee, I wish we could come do your playroom, too. How much fun would that be? I'm thinking road trip next summer, if you can wait that long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure I could, if it meant you coming to paint the murals! I waited 2 years to even paint the playroom - what's another few months!

    ReplyDelete