Sunday, November 7, 2010

BABY SHOWER!!!

I am one spoiled girl.
Last night we had our big couples baby shower, and I felt so incredibly loved.  It's amazing, too, to think how much Milo is already loved, even though no one has ever seen him.  But my sisters and my friends went out of their ways to make last night perfect in every single way, and I could hardly sleep last night thinking about it.

First of all, there was food upon food upon food.  Soups and salads, some of my favorites!  Potato soup, broccoli and cheese soup, creamy wild rice soup, chili, tortilla soup...  Am I forgetting something?  And then Mexican salad, strawberry and spinach salad, regular salad, broccoli salad...  Plus tons of bread (which I love), a cheese ball with crackers (actually, two balls, made by Ann, if you want to be specific, and she had quite an interesting idea for the arrangement given the fact that Milo is a boy...), not one but two chocolate fountains with fruit, marshmallows, pretzels, etc.  There was almond tea and cappuccino punch.  I fully intended to spend the entire shower doing nothing but eating, but then there were the gifts...

More gifts than I could possibly know what to do with.  And the best part was that each gift contained a book to build up Milo's library, which as you know, I feel is more important than even diapers.  He is going to be so smart, and so well dressed, based on all the fabulous cute outfits we received!  Plus I was so concerned about getting our stroller/car seat set, and as soon as we walked in, there it was, right next to the cake table.  What amazing hostesses!!!

The kids (for whom there was child care, by the way) spent time decorating onesies for Milo (pictures to follow - beyond cute).  Each guest wrote a letter to Milo, which I will treasure for the rest of my life.  And let me just tell you, the number of people who came to celebrate with us was astounding.  I was so glad to have so many of my friends and family all together to celebrate our precious peanut.  If only I could just figure out a way for Milo to get here without me actually giving birth, life would be perfect!

Now excuse me. I have a lifetime of thank you cards to write, and I sincerely mean each and every one.

No comments:

Post a Comment