Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My Thanksgiving Gift

Thanksgiving break, here I come!
It's 5th period, and this Tuesday is almost over.  Which means that tomorrow, I'll be sleeping in to celebrate NOT having school.  That's right, it's break time, and it's been a loooooong time coming!  And may I just congratulate myself and mention that I have not called in sick a single day since school started?  Granted, I did have to take off 4 days to go back to Rockford for Grandma's funeral.  But as many days as I wanted to get up, call in, and head straight back to bed, I hauled my pregnant self to work anyway... for which I definitely deserve a nice big pat on the back.

Now, I do have a bit of work to do over break - editing a paper for a friend.  But for that kind of work, I can sit around in my Army sweatpants and a ponytail and not have to entertain a living soul.  Who'd have ever thought that would sound so appealing?  Maybe I'm just preparing for maternity leave, where I'm certain I will wear exclusively pajamas and workout clothes (got to get my tubby self back in shape).  Hanging out with my little man all day every day sounds like quite a treat, though, and for two of those weeks, Nate will be home with us as well!

Anyway, cheers to a nice long Thanksgiving weekend, and then 3 weeks of school until Christmas break.  I love the holidays!

1 comment: