Tuesday, November 9, 2010

The dogging stroller

Most of you know how badly I want a jogging stroller, so I can get right back to training for a marathon after I have Milo.  Besides, I need to instill a healthy love of running in our little guy!  So I've been searching for the perfect stroller, and today I decided to check eBay. 

Imagine my surprise when a number of the jogging strollers were not intended for carrying babies, but for carrying dogs.  Is it just me, or could a dog just run alongside you rather than being carried in a stroller?  And could a dog not stay at home alone while you went for a solo jog?  And honestly, does a dog stroller not look just like a glorified wagon?

Case and point:
This to me seems like a waste of money.  If you're walking with your dog, why not just put a leash on him and make him walk himself?

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I totally agree...Dogs are animals they need to walk...this is is just lazy....ooooohhhhh dont get me started!!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are narrow minded. What about disabled, older dogs that can't walk/run? Obviously, you have never had an older dog that loves to get out, but doesn't get along the way he used to. Also, many small dogs cannot keep up with a long walk or run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a beloved Malamute who could no longer get out of the house due to hip displasia and peralysis of his back legs. He still loved life & was in no pain. The dog jogger gave him back his life. We could still enjoy his daily walks. Many people and animals have diferent needs. There is obviously a need for dog strollers or they wouldn't be so popular. Try to open your mind and appreciate the needs and interests of others before you jump to conclusions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you're narrow minded at all. The context of your post didn't really suggest you were speaking of older or PARALYZED dogs. Everyone one would probably assume that there are different circumstances in every story. Perhaps this anonymous poster should try opening THEIR mind and appreciating the context of the post before they jump to conclusions and post something trivial just so they have something to gripe about. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, didn't mean to cause so much controversy. I've been called a lot of things, but never narrow-minded. My apologies to anyone who was offended by my comments. Perhaps I should have just mentioned that I was very surprised by a doggy stroller in the midst of my search for a child jogging stroller and left it at that?

    ReplyDelete