Monday, May 8, 2017

Tattoos and tongues

We spend time every morning reading from the Bible, specifically the Torah portions that other people around the world are reading at the very same time. We're in Leviticus right now, which is always a challenge for me... We read last week about not cutting yourself for the dead or tattooing yourself. I have always read this as you shouldn't tattoo for the dead, but we discussed how the possibility was that you shouldn't tattoo yourself at all.

Well, you know what came up next. "Mommy, you have tattoos. Why did you do that?"

"Well, Mommy didn't necessarily follow all of the Torah when I got them. I didn't know better."

Cue the disapproving looks and deep sighs.

We were on our way to dance class in the car yesterday, and Milo and Lucy were discussing playing a certain character from Thunderbirds that has tattoos and a mask (side note - have you watched Thunderbirds Are Go on Amazon? Apparently it is life around here.) and mentioned that they would have masks, but NO tattoos. So then came the discussion of Mommy's tattoos again, which culminated in me saying, "Okay! I wish I had never gotten them!"

Milo remarked, "Mommy, everyone in the car wishes you hadn't gotten them."

Oh, Milo. So grown-up. So wonderful. So exasperating at the same time.

Anyway, my friend Brooke always tags things #momlifeisthebestlife and I totally agree. 

That tiny tongue...


Milo's face. No caption required.

Happy girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment