Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Well, you haven't heard from me in several days.  Did you miss me?  I spent some time just plain enjoying my spring break. 

Thursday I went to an AMAZING concert in Houston - Muse.  They had been on my list of top 5 bands to see live in my lifetime, so now I can delightedly check that off (I do love a list).  They played for literally two hours, and at the end I was partially deaf, and glad to be so.  Outstanding. 

I also took some lovely girls from church prom dress shopping and got all Stacy London on them. Example:  "What size?  Okay, just go to the dressing room.  I'll be there with a stack of dresses in 5 minutes."  Why don't people pay me to dress them?  I'm in the wrong profession for sure.

And then I got just plain lazy as soon as Nate finished work for the week.  We did practically nothing and it was absolutely divine.  Slept until we felt like it, got cheap take-out and watched tons of tv and movies.  Normally I'm a pretty antsy kind of girl, and being cooped up in the house drives me insane.  But I was so utterly content to just be with him.  Sorry if you're gagging at this point, but it's the truth...

Oh!  And last night I fell down the stairs at the movies.  I went to walk down, slid down several stairs at the same time (possibly spraining my shin - is that feasible?), and landed in a crouch position (no, not a crotch).  I quickly popped up and turned to Nate, who was directly behind me, and grabbed his coat to tell him all about it. And then I gazed at the incredibly large man whom I was clutching and realized that it was, indeed, not Nate.  I'm fairly certain I a.)scared him enough to pee his pants and b.)caused him to think I was drunk (I wasn't).  It was quite the end to spring break.

So it's back to reality today.  School, gerunds, the whole muckety muck.  After a week of laziness I should be all rested up for it, right?

Definitely not.

1 comment:

  1. How is that I was 2 feet away from you and did not see this fall but could hear Janet trying to save you?
    How's your shin?

    ReplyDelete