Saturday, March 13, 2010

Spring Break: Day 1

Day 1 of spring break. What a lovely feeling, although I can't fully enjoy it until I would normally have to be at work. So Monday I will officially be frolicking through fields of flowers and dancing through the yard and whatnot...

I awoke at 7:30 a.m. to the melodious sounds of my new puppy, alternately yelping and barking in perfect harmony with Biscuit, the yippy little dog who lives behind us. Was it a snarl or a grin on my face? There's no telling, but I think I did scare a few early morning garage salers as I marched out the front door of my house in my t-shirt, Nate's old boxers, and rain galoshes, disgruntled puppy in one hand and sweatshirt in the other. Delightful.

Needless to say, I did go back to bed after an hour or so, woke up and went for a lovely run with Jen (although there were some bathroom issues that caused us to cut things short). I've been playing with DivaLily this afternoon, which has been fabulous, and she's currently conked out in my guest room. This should be my own nap time, but I can't help feeling the need to update you on spring break so far.

No complaints, and I'm anticipating tons of bonding time with the new pup. Did I mention her name is Berkley? Yes, we are those people. Our dogs are Bella, Bruiser and Berkley. And our names rhyme - Nate and Kate. It's ridiculous. But in a great kind of way.

Happy Saturday to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment