Friday, March 12, 2010

Let me just rub it in...

I can't help it. I have to do this, and I'm so sorry, but let me just say, I'M ON SPRING BREAK!!!! And more than likely, YOU'RE NOT!!!

That's right, I sent my students out the door with a wave and a smile, making them swear a solemn oath to be safe and return to me with all their limbs still intact. And now I make this vow. I will not even think about school until next Monday, and even then, it will be for a brief period of time. Hallelujah!

This comes just in time, because I seem to be losing a small corner of my mind (and actually, the corner is expanding). This morning, as I walked into school, I thought to myself, "Oooooh, chilly. I can't believe I can feel the cold air on my tummy!" And then I looked down at my shirt, which is filled with decorative holes and stitching at the bottom, and realized that I did NOT have a shirt on underneath. Great. Because I just love showing my students my stomach... Right.

Needless to say, I spent an uncomfortable first period scrunched behind my desk, and I had to make a trip home for an undershirt during my conference period. I'm blaming the wardrobe malfunction on spring break fever. Is that fair?

Now, on with the break!

No comments:

Post a Comment