Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Kiss your nap goodbye

I can't stop falling asleep on our couch. And let me clarify. I mean our big, brand-new, smooshy, cozy, wonderful scarlet couch. Oh, it's fabulous, and there's nothing like the sound of the television to lull me into the perfect nap, curled up under my Jehovah blanket (a present from my mom) and buried amongst at least three giant pillows. I'm getting sleepy just thinking about it.

And until last night, I thought Nate was pleased when I fell asleep. I mean, I do get up a full two hours earlier than him, with plenty of time to run at least 3 or 4 miles, care for the dogs, shower, have my quiet time, iron clothes and make lunch, all before he cracks a peeper.  And a nap does mean that he can watch at least a single program in peace, without my incessant chatter and need for attention.

But I was wrong. He likes me awake, which honestly, delights me.  And so, today, I vow to sit upright on that delightful sofa, snack in hand and water near to keep me alert.  I will resist the urge to close my eyes, and give Kirstie Alley's Big Life my full attention.  No matter how much my body wants to lie down, my mind will refuse to accomodate it.  That's right, kids.  I'm going to suck it up. 

Naptime is over.

2 comments:

  1. You get up a full two hours earlier than me and you nap for a full two hours before I go to bed. It really evens out if you think about it.
    and yes, it was two hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl and stand, or should I say, "sit" by your man hee hehe :-)

    P.S. To answer your question that you posted on my blog about running. I would love to. But are you sure you're ready for me to slow you down?? I can see it, it'll be like Respusha (you know, from "Norbit") trying to keep up with Marion Jones (minus the steroids. Sorry that's just the first name that popped in my head )

    ReplyDelete