Monday, March 29, 2010

Another four-day week

The weekend is never long enough, and I'm already wondering what I'm going to do next week when I can no longer coach myself out of bed in the morning with thoughts of, "It's okay, it's just a four-day week."  Because that fact is providing my sense of sanity and fairness today - that I don't have to work on Friday.  Thank you, Easter, and thank you everyone for calling a Friday off of work exactly what it is - Good Friday.  Now please don't think I'm not astounded by what Jesus truly did for us, but I really will be celebrating a little extra from the quiet coziness of my own bed.  I'm jolly already just thinking about it.  Hallelu-yer.

Add to everything wonderful about a short week the fact that I get to teach Lord of the Flies to my 10th graders and A Raisin in the Sun to my 9th grade girls. I'm just going to say it.  YIPPEE!!!!!  Yippee for teaching literature in an English class.  Just for fun.

So last night was grooming night at the Jackson house.  While I bathed Berkley (who grows bigger every single day) and Bella, Nate gave Bruiser a little haircut.  The mess on the kitchen floor looked exactly like what comes of a sheep being shorn.  Awww, little Bruiser, the (literal) black sheep of the family.  He was such a trooper, and after all of that, his reward was... a bath.  He loves them - he is a poodle, after all. 

Happy Monday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment