Friday, March 5, 2010

I'm a fast walker. Nate tends to grab my hand and slow me down when we're in public, but when I'm on my own, it's game ON. Why dawdle down the hall when I could reach my destination in 20 seconds flat? Why stroll through the parking lot when I could hustle?

That said, I've managed to put myself in the same uncomfortable situation multiple times, just today. Have you ever had that problem where you're walking briskly and get stuck behind someone taking his/her time? And you want to pass them, but you have to seriously estimate the amount of time it will take and how quickly you will have to continue walking after you've passed? And even worse, have you ever gotten stuck walking right beside them instead of being able to get around, or trailing close on their heels but unable to pass, just smiling an uncomfortable smile and looking like you did it on purpose? OH. MY. WORD. I can't make it stop happening.

1 comment: