Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Upcoming Peanut Festival

So Nate and I were thinking last night about what a celebration we'll have when the peanut is born, and let me tell you, everyone is invited!  And then, of course, knowing that Nate grew up in Grapeland, it made us think of just one thing.  The Peanut Festival.

That's right - we'll be having our very own Peanut Festival every year at his birthday, and there's so much that will have to be included!  For example, the Peanut Festival needs a queen.  And since I'll be the only girl in the family, I'll have to be the queen every year until we have a girl (that is, if we ever have another child after this sick sick pregnancy).  I'm already shaking out some of my old Homecoming and Prom dresses so I'll have an evening gown to wear (it's only appropriate), and Nathan is already learning Songbird by Kenny G on the saxophone (or not)...  I'm going to need a sponsor for this first year, so just let me know if you want to back a sure-fire winner!

On top of that, we're going to need carnival games, face-painting, and some sort of food-eating contest.  I'm taking applications for floats for the parade.  And Nate has informed me that we absolutely have to include the Friday night dance, where we'll shut down all of our main street and have a band on the back of a flat-bed trailer.  Man oh man, this is going to be a classy event.  After all, this is small-town Texas.

Oh! And we'll need peanuts.  Lots and lots of peanuts.

Or just one.  

1 comment:

  1. Your little peanut is really lucky :) You and Nate (although I've never met him) are going to be great parents!!!

    ReplyDelete