Thursday, August 19, 2010

Those sandals

Today is a great day, and I've been working it, working it, working it, no time to stop all week long.  I'm exhausted!  Having the summer off, paired with pregnancy, is making it difficult to get through just one week of work.  Imagine thinking of an entire semester right now (I refuse to do it).

My classroom is more organized than it will ever be again today.  It's clean (and yes, I did move a bookcase and find that someone either puked or spit tobacco down the wall before I acquired the room) and tidy, and my first three weeks are planned and ready.  And just to celebrate, Milo has decided to start poking my tummy out more than ever, so I look really and truly pregnant this week. 

And by the way, as I got out of the car this morning wearing a less-than-cute pair of maternity shorts, I felt like I had to explain to Nate why I would wear them to work.  "Baby, I'm only wearing these hideous things today so I can wear my nice denim shorts to the assembly tomorrow."  He looked at me completely confused, so I added, "These horrible shorts!"

Without missing a beat he responded, "Oh.  I thought you were talking about those sandals." (insert one raised brow) 

Now I knew that he didn't love these sandals, but I had no idea he thought they were hideous.  And by the way, I think they're adorable - little black gladiator sandals with different kinds of bronzey bling.  But no, come to find out, Nate is practically positive that Russell Crow was wearing these exact sandals in Gladiator when he killed Joaquin Phoenix.

So here's a picture of my cute little foot in my cute little sandals.  What do you think?

2 comments: