Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My campaign speech

Back on the school schedule.  Or at least, I'm trying, even though my body keeps waking me up at 4:00 a.m. and keeping me up until I drag my lazy bones out of bed at 6 or 6:30.  And then I rush around getting ready, getting dinner stuff ready, packing a lunch (because little peanut Milo demands to be fed all day), trying to find maternity clothes that don't fall off of me...  And when I finally make it to school I just... SIT.  Because I have first period conference.  And believe me, I don't often have much to say on my blog during first period other than, "Pass the pop-tart."  I'm finding myself sadly lacking in interesting material.

Seriously, though, why do we make kids try to learn at 8:10 a.m. anyway?  I honestly think they would benefit more from a shorter school day, with shorter class periods.  10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., 5 one-hour classes with a half-hour in there for lunch.  Don't you agree?  And even hour-long classes seem long to me, considering I had 45 minute periods in high school (now, granted, there were 8 of them, but it seemed so manageable...).

Anyway, in my zeal for a differently scheduled school day, I'm slinging around grape jelly and english muffin.  So, for the sake of my work outfit, I'll have to cut this short.  Vote for me for President.

No comments:

Post a Comment