Tuesday, August 10, 2010

T minus 3 days

Every day that I wake up, I realize I'm one day closer to D-Day.  And by that I mean, Death to my Summer-Day.  Friday is it.  And I'm just saying - who makes people go back to work on a Friday?  Does that seem a little rude to anyone else?  I mean, let me just enjoy that one last full week of laziness, for goodness sake!

I wish I were one of those teachers who work on lesson plans and classrooms during the summer, eagerly anticipating the time I can get away from my babies and have grown-up conversation with my co-workers. But at this point, I've had plenty of time during each day to harass and hang out with Ann and Nate (whom I consider practically grown-ups), and the only things I want to escape from are my huffy little dogs, who have decided that sniffling and snorting are the ways to get my attention non-stop every day.  Will Lil' Peanut make me want to go back to work next year?  I don't think so,  but I can't say for certain.  Pregnancy has made me a bit of a homebody...

Anyway, just thought I'd share with you that while I've been home, I've been in a summer school of my own, and I've learned some very important lessons!

1.  How to hold in puke while in the car, on the couch, in my bed, etc. etc. etc. instead of puking down the wall, in the shower, or onto the toilet seat cover (woops - learned each part of that lesson the hard way!!!).  This closely corresponds with my second lesson...

2.  How to clean up puke without puking.  Should be useful in the future, although I hope I don't have to use this skill very often.

3.  How to kill and clean up an assortment of bugs all by myself.  That's right, people.  I am armed and dangerous with a flip-flop and a roll of tissue.  

4.  How to knock out an entire month of laundry in a 24-hour period.  It's not pretty, but I've done it.

5.  How to use simple accessories to dress up even the most horrid of maternity shirts.  Now if I could just learn to keep "the panel" concealed at all times...

I'm sure I've learned a host of other lessons this summer, but there you have the really good stuff.  I'll be teaching a seminar during the fall on each, so feel free to register and support my nursery fund.

Now stop distracting me.  I have to learn how to iron because I've got a mountain to tackle.

No comments:

Post a Comment