Monday, August 23, 2010

The First Day

I did it, I did it, I did it!!!
I survived the first day back to school, and actually, I think it's going to be a quite lovely semester.  I have lively kids and full classes, but I'm going to make it (and believe me, I was worried).  And on top of that, I loved seeing my school friends and old students again, so everything is good to go.

Okay, let me get to the nitty-gritty, hard-earned pregnant advice.  I know you want it, and I learned three very important lessons today:

Eat your whole lunch, no matter what.  Even if you get to your regular lunch room and a runaway special ed student has taken over one of the computers, just eat.  Even if that student then mimics everything that anyone tries to tell him in a high-pitched voice, ignore him, don't fear for your safety, and continue chowing down.  Even if the counselor comes to get the student, takes him to his appropriate room, and he still breaks free and comes back ten minutes later, don't even look up.  Don't try to help.  Don't do anything but shove your mouth full of food, because otherwise, you're going to regret your empty tummy when you get to the middle of 4th period and feel slightly dizzy.  (this may or may not be based on exactly what happened to me today...)

A word about heels.  Don't be 23 weeks pregnant and think that you can still cruise through a day in heels, or even tasteful wedges.  Just give in, get yourself some orthopedic flats and try to hide them under long pants.

Don't be offended if students come to your room and say, "Hey, I made a bet with so-and-so that you'd still be small when you came back, so if you see her, SUCK IT IN." But don't be offended if they don't notice that you're carrying a small basketball, either.

And that's that.  Happy Monday, and thank you Lord for getting me through it!

No comments:

Post a Comment