Tuesday, August 17, 2010

The pregnant girl's guide to throwing up

Well, I've learned a thing or two on my puke day on, puke day off schedule.  Let me share, and you can take or leave this brilliant advice.  

1.  Just let it out.  The more you try to hold it in, the more it will try to get out.  And believe me, it will get out, whether it's through your mouth or your nose.  And I'm sure you'd rather go with the former...

2.  Just go ahead and cry when you're finished.  It will make you feel better, and it will make your body feel like it's really accomplished something.

3.  Just chew your food better.  After extensive puking, I've realized that I need to spend a little less time shoving the food into my mouth and a little more time preparing it for my tummy.

4.  Just be calm.  Every time I get worked up, I spend a little more time hugging the toilet.

5.  Just go ahead and eat something, whether you feel sick or not.  Because like it or not, puking up something is better than puking up nothing.  Just the idea of the taste of bile in the morning is enough to make me shudder.    

So there you go.  Happy puking to  you!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Kate! I'm so sorry you are still so sick! What a huge bummer. Hang in there, Milo Jay is worth all this.

    ReplyDelete