Wednesday, June 16, 2010

WARNING: cranky content to follow

Today I got up EARLY to bring donuts to my summer school class, because one of the girls had a birthday.  A few of them took donuts, and the rest told me that they don't like donuts, and wanted to know why I didn't bring brownies instead.

EXCUSE ME?

And perhaps it's because I'm pregnant, cranky, didn't sleep more than four hours and threw up before I got here, but I'm having a hard time being kind, sweet, and/or loving.  But you can bet something important that I won't be bringing my kids anything else for the rest of summer school.

I should end on something a little less mean, right?  Tomorrow is my birthday.  To celebrate, I'm teaching summer school and then going to the OB/GYN.  It's okay, you can laugh.  Something about growing up seems to take the magic out of your special day, eh?

3 comments:

  1. Tomorrow you should bring in treats... just for yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a brilliant suggestion! Maybe I'll make myself a bit batch of brownies. lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can always bake your own cake and buy your own gift (from your peanut) to complete your "grown up" birthday. I find that makes my birthday much more memorable. Lol! Happy Birthday anyway!

    ReplyDelete