Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The beginning of true summer

Just another Tuesday, right?
WRONG.  This is the last Tuesday of summer school, and I couldn't be more thrilled. Thursday is our official last day, and these last three days are full of writing and testing.  And to top that all off, I adore teaching writing, and my kids are just eating it up, so I'm spending the last few days just plain delighted.  Where the end of the regular school year was like a tease (knowing I had to teach in summer), this week truly marks the beginning of my official summer break.  It couldn't be more timely, especially since I am starting to feel better, so I'm ready to enjoy just being FREE!!!

Except there's just this one nasty problem.  A swimsuit.  Now swimsuit shopping is never my favorite activity, but when you're mini-pregnant, it's even worse.  I spent a great deal of (cranky) time in Target on Saturday trying on all kinds of things.  I'm in a phase where I'm just plain between sizes - not my usual size, but not quite a maternity size yet.  I tried regular swimsuits in my size.  I tried regular swimsuits in large-busted sizes.  I tried maternity swimsuits that looked like tents on me.  I tried to imagine myself swimming in the nude instead of all the fuss.  In the end, I left with no swimsuit and a grotesquely bad attitude. What to do?  Because at this point I have to find something or I'll be flashing small children inappropriately at my nephew's birthday party on Saturday, and there's no way I have the self-esteem for that.  HELP!!!

1 comment:

  1. If I were you I'd buy 3 pieces that you can mix and match. First buy a basic bikini bottom (black is good) the size that fits you now, then buy a regular swim tank top. Buy a maternity swim top for later and you've got all your bases covered. You'll be able to wear the regular sized now and later when you aren't pregnant, and you'll have something to grow into. If you wait to buy a maternity top they won't have them later on. The maternity swimsuits (one piece) are terrible. You have to be really pregnant to make them look right, and even then they aren't pretty.

    http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/181-2675461-5414811?asin=B002YY0C80&ci_src=15781033&ci_sku=B002YY0C80&AFID=Performics_Google%20Product%20Listing%20Ads&LNM=Primary&ref=tgt_adv_XASD0001

    I included a link for the style of top I bought and it worked for me throughout my pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete