Friday, June 18, 2010

Birthday Part 2

HALLELUJAH!!!
A miracle happened on my birthday, and it's called Zofran.  That's right.  Dr. Arnold was worried that I had lost weight AGAIN and did several fabulous things for me, beginning with the prescription of Zofran, which is like a wonderdrug against nausea.  I took some yesterday afternoon and spent the rest of my day feeling wonderful.  It was like a dark cloud had lifted and I could see the beautiful sunshine and rainbows and butterflies again.

On top of that, Dr. A also told me that I no longer have to take my icky, horrible, disgusting, fish-stick burp inducing vitamins.  After watching me gag just talking about them, he decided they might be part of the problem and prescribed just plain folic acid instead.  So I promptly threw all the rest of them in the trash and had a mini-celebration (while gagging a little more just thinking about them).  Speaking of which, better change the subject right now...

I also had the joy of hearing my little peanut's heartbeat at the doctor's office yesterday, and apparently we've got a mover and a shaker on our hands!  The nurse got so tickled because she had to chase the lil' peanut all over my tummy to get the heart rate.  She kept saying, "Now, don't be worried if you don't hear the heartbeat right away.  This one is all over the place!  He is so young but so active!"  And picture all of that with the most adorable hispanic accent.  It makes the story so much better.

After the appointment, I spent the rest of the day getting a haircut (badly needed trim), going to a movie with Nate and the Yanceys (fresh back from Hawaii and so tan it was ridiculous), and eating a low-key dinner.  We topped it off with a stop at the Danty-pants home and the first elimination episode of So You Think You Can Dance.  I was relaxed, pleased, and tummy ache free, and I slept through the entire night without sickness waking me up.  I am a new woman this morning!!!

To top of all of this fabulousness (I know, are you tired yet?), I get to spend today celebrating all over again!  I have a surprise with Melissa at 1 (well, surprise for me, not her - can't wait), coffee with Mer and April at 4 (which I am so excited about because I've been such a hermit I haven't seen them in weeks), and a PARTY for me tonight.  It's like a do-over of my birthday, since yesterday got off to a rocky start.

All that to say, 29 isn't turning out so bad.  HOORAY!

1 comment:

  1. YAY- glad you're feeling better! Must be the best birthday present :)

    ReplyDelete