Tuesday, June 15, 2010

To wear or not to wear?

To wear or not to wear - that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer

The slings and arrows of an outrageous afro,
Or to take scrunchie against a sea of curls,
And, by opposing, tame them?

It's true.  I came to school with wet hair today and am working on a serious afro.  My curls in the Texas humidity take on a mind of their own, and unless I wash my hair at night and sleep on it, they're usually too much for one head to handle.

But last night I was lazy, and was in bed by 9:30.  It was a great idea at the time, until I woke up this morning and realized I was going to have to deal with this mop - WET. 

To make matters worse, on the way to school, after turning my purse upside down and inside out, I discovered that I had no hair band for a quick ponytail, and I was just going to have to deal with this hair ALL DAY LONG.  There was no way that was possible.  Throwing up, dealing with summer school AND giant hair is too much to handle all at once.  After asking around, I came up with only one solution from a very sweet fellow teacher...

A scrunchie.  Something to which I am morally opposed.  One of the things that I swore I would never wear after 1994.  The only thing that is absolutely required for a truly righteous crimped side ponytail.

And so the question comes.  Is it better to wear a scrunchie or have an afro?  I'll leave that one up to you.

2 comments:

  1. Just don't wear the scrunchie like a bracelet :) And if your hair is long enough- I'd recommend pulling it up with a pen/pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DON'T DO IT!!! This just the first of many pregnancy related temptations...waddeling, tooting in public, scratching your belly, and yes - the scrunchy. RUN!!

    ReplyDelete