Friday, June 11, 2010

The Secret Weapon

Well, I've found it.  At least for the next week or two, because everything changes pretty quickly when you're carrying a peanut.  But I've got a secret weapon that gets me through the mornings at summer school and keeps me from puking up whatever breakfast I've attempted.

The Angel Food Smoothie from Smoothie King.  Extra protein.  It's a miracle in itself.  It happened quite by accident, but I discovered it not too long ago, and it's making life so much easier.  Because as I write this, I'm on my Friday off, and I can proudly say that one week of summer school is DOWN, two more to go.  I survived!  And with only one emergency run to the bathroom all week!

On top of that, I'm almost completely finished with my first trimester of pregnancy.  WHAT?  How awesome and bizarre, that I was carrying around a little peanut for nearly six weeks without even knowing it!  And then when the peanut made his/her presence known, it was definitely known.  Judging from the non-stop sickness, I'm guessing this peanut is going to need a lot of attention.  There's been no forgetting that the little treasure is there.  All.  The.  Time.  Maybe the lil' bit is just in there getting a good workout all the time?  Or chattering to his/herself and disturbing my tummy's delicate balance?  Or spitting out everything I feed us and wishing we were eating steak and ice cream?  There's no telling.  But I'm seriously getting excited to find out whether we're having a girl or a boy.  And even more excited to stop feeling sick all the time.

But as previously mentioned, I have the secret weapon now.  So could someone please come pick me up and take me to Smoothie King?

No comments:

Post a Comment