Friday, May 28, 2010

Did you think it would never come?

Today is the day.  The day I've been hoping, wishing, praying for...  The day that seemed like it would absolutely never come.
But it's here: the LAST DAY OF SCHOOL.

Until I became a teacher, I never realized how vital summer break is, not for the students, but for the teachers' own sanity.  It's not about the students at all!  It's about giving us teachers the time off that we need to remember that we are still good, kind, lovely individuals, no matter how many times we've had to give out an F or take up a cell phone or gotten frustrated with attitudes straight from the abyss.  It's summer time, and let me tell you, I've earned it.

Now before you get too jealous, let me tell you this.  I have 3 days off, and then I immediately have to go to summer training for two days (thank you so much, Lufkin ISD for scheduling that right away) and then to teach summer school for the month of June (including on my birthday).  Ladies and gentlemen, I'm doing it for the peanut.  After all, we're going to have some serious nursery decorating and clothes shopping to do as soon as we find out whether we're having a girl-peanut or a boy-peanut, so I'd better be hard at work earning some money, right? (I'm trying to impress you with my selflessness right now - is it working?)

Anyway, I'm just going to relish right now in the END OF SCHOOL.  So let me just say... No more pencils, no more books, no more students' dirty looks (haha - like I ever get any).  Have a fantastic Friday and enjoy your Memorial Day weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment