Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The bittersweet

Nate and I are making some lifestyle changes.  Well, in particular, two lifestyle changes.

Number one, we're investing in a sensible, 4-door vehicle, for obvious reasons.  I'm not trying to haul a peanut in and out of our 2-door Scion, so we're trading in, and possibly up, in size.  It's going to be okay, though.  We can still be cool, right? 

Number two, we're going to have to find a new home for Berkley.  This one hurts my heart.  A LOT. She is a precious, sweet, wonderful dog.  But she is simply too big.  She has so much energy and is so playful, and when I get home after work, all I can do is lie down because I've been so sick.  Nate is busy trying to take care of me, and the poor baby is being sadly neglected.  I want to cry every time I think about her sweet face right outside our sliding glass door, just waiting for someone to come play with her.  It's all a matter of bad timing, because had we known we would get pregnant so quickly, we never would have taken her.

All that said, it's a bittersweet time for me right now.  And that's really all I've got today.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you are finding a home for Berkley. She does sound like a sweet dog, but I've been secretly thinking no way is she going to work with a baby in the house. I'll pray you find a wonderful home for her.

    ReplyDelete