Monday, May 3, 2010

Back from HOTlanta

And yes, it was an interesting trip.  For so many reasons that I could only tell you in person.

But let me just chronicle the kind of people I saw:

No fewer than 3 professional women at the conference with full beards and moustaches.  UNACCEPTABLE.

2 people wearing white pants with absolutely no undergarments (and it was obvious). 

1 female wearing a pair of jeans with a rip across the butt.  And absolutely no undergarments.  Seriously?  Who needs to see buttflesh while waiting for a flight home at the airport?

I also saw Martin Luther King, Jr.'s historic site, which was extremely humbling.

I ventured inside the Atlanta Aquarium and stood in a tunnel underneath assorted types of sharks.  As you know, a year ago I would have never set foot inside, but I'm learning to face my fears and realizing that they are normally quite unfounded.  I've faced some of the worst things life could offer and WON, so why fret about a shark or two?

And I took a lovely run through the Olympic Centennial Park, during which a man wielding a leafblower doused my eyes in dirt and I had to wear my glasses for a full 24 hours because my eyes were too irritated for contacts.  Therefore I was quite irritated as well.  CRAZY.  Anyway, those Atlanta hills made me feel like I had climbed stairs for several hours non-stop, despite the fact that I had only run about 3.5 miles.  Oh well.  Old age must be chasing me down.

So that's the trip in a nutshell.  Interesting sights and sounds, beautiful (and ghetto) city.  One tired Kate on a Monday morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment