Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A green day

Every day is a new day.
Today is an especially green day, and by that I mean I'm alternating between extra pale and a strange shade of olive.  And I can't figure out why (well - duh, besides just having a peanut).  That would make things too simple, though, right?  I'm taking this as another lesson for my future as a mommy.  Pregnancy sickness follows no pattern, no rhyme or reason, somewhat like the behavior of teenagers.  Brilliant correlation, right?

I've spent the morning listening to country music, and not on purpose.  I assigned my students a project to analyze song lyrics as poetry, and they all had to bring in a song for us to study.  Somehow my first period, which is a remarkably diverse class, ended up with almost entirely country songs.  How do these things happen?  I mean, I guess a country song tells a story better than anything else, but goodness.  No more trucks, no more whiskey and six packs, no more sad tales of angst and love lost.  I'm officially exhausted at this point.

In other news, Berkley is getting HUGE, and Nathan and I are seriously considering letting her become an inside dog.  It's sad to let the two little dogs in and make her stay outside.  However, do pregnancy and fifty-pound puppies go together in any weird world?  It's worth a shot, I suppose...  

No comments:

Post a Comment