Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The family car

Well, we did it!  We bought ourselves a sensible, 4-door family car.  It's a pearl-colored Mitsubishi Galant and I couldn't be happier.  Getting rid of the Scion seemed like the last tie to an old life.  Now we're well on our way to being parents.  How weird!

So it is YES, sensible, and NO, not as fun as the SUV's we were looking at, but definitely more practical.  And let me tell you, it's a lot less pimp-a-licious than the Chrysler 300 we test drove overnight on Monday.  That car was cushy and huge inside, but I felt like Cruella DaVille when I drove it, and there was no way I could have people thinking I was coming to steal their puppies or yelling, "There's that crazy woman driver!" when I passed.  Yep, this Galant is grown-up, and I fully accept that.

Now if only we could find a happy home for Berkley (sniffle).  How could anyone say no to this face?

  

2 comments: