Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Cinco de mayhem

Well here I sit, celebrating Cinco de Mayo by eating hot Cheetos during my conference period.  They are quite possible one of the world's most amazing foods, so I'm feeling quite perky and delighted at this particular moment.  But what is it about the end of the schoolyear that makes me not want to come to school? Because, honestly, at this moment, these Cheetos are the only thing keeping me going...

Could it possibly be my students, whose determination not to work comes from the practice of other classes, who stop working after the TAKS test?

Could it be that I'm teaching clauses (and not of the Santa variety) to some kids who still look at me cross-eyed when I ask them what a verb is?

Could it also be the knowledge that at least 80% of the rest of the building is watching movies for the next 3 1/2 weeks?

Surely not.  It must just be me

But enough of my whining.  There's a rainbow on this cloudy day!  We took Berkley back to the vet last night, and she is free and clear of any and all traces of mange.  Well, besides the somewhat patchy coat she's sporting right now.  But hallelujah, her hair is growing back, and now we need to decide for sure whether this mini-monster is going to be an inside dog.  Get this - the baby gained 15 pounds in the two weeks she spent outside.  15 pounds!!!!  The vet is estimating her to end up anywhere between 70 and 100 pounds, which means she will more than likely be able to beat me in both a footrace and a wrestling match.  Holy cow!  I'm sure there will be stories galore in the next few months...

And I'm finished with my Cheetos, which means it's time to go make some more lesson plans.  Wish me luck, and happy Cinco de Mayo!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for mange free Berkley! Yay for the other dogs who will now be able to play with her again!

    100 lbs would be a BIG girl indeed. My male is 100 lbs.

    No comment on Cheetos. :)

    ReplyDelete