Thursday, March 22, 2012

Petition

I'm usually all bright sunshine and smiles on this blog, posting cute photos and telling you about my babyson and our adventures.

I can't do that today because I've been thinking about someone else's son. I'm sure you've heard the national outrage at the murder of 17-year old Trayvon Martin. If not, please look here. I try to avoid the news these days, but this case has me riveted. I can't imagine being a mother and seeing a police department completely fail to do anything about my own son's murder.

If you're as upset about this as I am, you can at least do a little something. Here's a petition by the family to the Florida 18th District State's Attorney to prosecute George Zimmerman. Signing it at least made me feel like I could let someone else know that I care about this.

No comments:

Post a Comment