Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Operation Get up earlier (yuck)

Well, friends, we're creeping up on what has always been my least favorite weekend of the year.
Oh yes, it's spring time change, where we officially lose an hour of sleep and chalk it up to giving us longer days. I always loved getting that extra hour in the fall, but have dreaded this spring monstrosity ever since I can remember. And then I had a baby, a baby whom I try to keep on a schedule, and the whole thing seems even more insidious than ever. I'm trying to prepare him in advance, though. A little something I like to call...

"Operation Spring Ahead."

I'm pushing everything up a half an hour this week (ugh... 7:30 wake-up seems years ealier), and then another half an hour next week. I'm sure millions of other people have thought of this long before I, but Nate and I practically giggled with the genius of our plan. Shows you how much excitement we have in our lives, right?

What do you do to get your kids ready for time change?

3 comments:

  1. And here we are looking forward to the time change because it will mean enough daylight after work so we can get the dogs out and training on a more regular basis. Of course our furkids still want their meals at the exact time they used to be, (try as we might we just cannot get them to read the clock...lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will admit, more daylight for evening walks will be fabulous. Thanks for helping me look on the (ahem) "bright" side of things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not that this is much help now, since it is Thursday night, but I heard a good tip this year, set your clocks 10 minutes ahead each day Monday thru Saturday, so by the time the time change gets here, you'll already be an hour ahead and not notice the lost time. This year will be interesting with Kenzie being in school and having to get up early to actually be somewhere on time!

    ReplyDelete