Wednesday, March 14, 2012

First Zoo Trip!

We took Milo to the zoo for the first time today. What a (hot, peacock-iful) fun time! I'll admit, I don't love a zoo. I don't think I ever have. But it was my idea today to take Milo since Nate had the day off, and we spent a good (hot) hour there. I had only one moment of almost-panic when I was trapped between a peacock headed for me and a low wall that led to a giant alligator. Whew! I remained calm, though, and kept on my merry way. Crisis averted. But did I mention how hot it was today?

The peacocks have always made me (and Alex) a little nervous. And I promise you the peacock population at the zoo has quadrupled since the last time I was there. They were everywhere, and the males were in full twitterpation mode, fanning out their tales and making a bizarre half-hissing noise. I watched one parade in front of a poor little peahen who was not impressed and just kept walking. He folded his feathers in and backed up a few steps, before turning and re-fanning, Vegas showgirl style, as if to say, "Perhaps you missed... this..."

Anyway, just when I was hoping we might have a bit of winter, it's getting hot, and we just skipped straight from summer to, well, more summer? Oh Texas, what I wouldn't give for a few other seasons. I always start holding my breath in March because I know that any hope of mild weather is now behind us. Hot, humid, hell, here we come.

On that note, care for a few zoo photos?


One of my favorite shots on the train car.

Nate got a kick out of this since we're both making the same face.
Seriously? Could he be any sweeter?
Milo is all about the point these days. I think he was pointing at an old boat in this picture. Really, it doesn't matter. I don't think there was a thing at the zoo that he didn't point at.
Loved the angle on this - Milo seeing the tiger.

No comments:

Post a Comment