Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Houston Mini-Vacation

So many things to tell you, and so little time!
We went on a mini-vacation to Houston and stayed with Ann. We packed as much as we could into two full days, including a trip to Crave (cupcake shop), a bit of shopping, a visit to the Museum of Natural Science (DINOSAURS!!!!!), and a fabulous time at the horse races.

Milo loved the races since he loves animals, and spent most of the time pointing at the horses, walking up close to them, and then backing away before we got too close. He was all decked out in a little hat, plaid shirt, and suspenders, and made quite the splash. He and I were mistaken for a jockey's wife and child, but I think it's just because I had on a floppy hat and Milo is a little guy.

At one point, Nate took him out to the car to change his diaper (no changing stations in the men's rooms and it was a big pooper). When he brought him back, my adorably dapper little man was now dressed in some short navy shorts (slightly resembling cheerleading shorts), a red onesie, and his velcro shoes with no socks. When I asked Nate what on earth happened, he couldn't quite respond at first because he was so irritated. I finally got it out of him, though - Milo's poo had managed to leak out to his onesie, pants, all down his leg and covering his socks... He even managed to get it on the outside of the car (don't ask me how). This never happens. Literally. I've always kept a change of clothes in the diaper bag, but never one that's very cute because it's completely wasted. We've never had to change his outfit when we were out. Until Monday. So he ran around the races the rest of the time in his funny little clothes and everybody still stopped to stare. And I laughed the rest of the time.

Anyway, here are a few pictures to chronicle our time.

Hooray for dinosaurs!

Milo was satisfyingly impressed with the dinosaurs and spent much of the time pointing at different things.

Milo loved playing with Auntie Ann all weekend!

Here we are, looking a lot alike...

Is this display slightly disturbing to anyone else? I didn't even post the picture of the lion with the bloody zebra leg in front of him... Realism at its finest?

Family pic at the races. Well, in the parking lot. But we were almost there.

Milo was so delighted every time the horses ran! He clapped his hands, pointed, and giggled.

Here he is getting a good look at a horse up close(ish).

Such a cute outfit! Too bad it didn't last the whole time...
If you look closely, you'll see the horse I won $17 betting on in the winner's circle. I've never bet on a race before, and after this day, I probably won't again... We started out with $20 and left the track with $22, and Nate and I both decided we'll never have a gambling problem. Winning is great, but losing is just throwing away money, and I'm just too stingy for all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment