1. Cake pops. Cake pops cake pops cake pops. Starbucks cake pops make me giddy. It's a good thing for them, too, because if I didn't have all these sweets in my life, I would be unhealthily skinny. (wink)
2. Summery green and yellow. It's one of my favorite combos right now for decorations...
3. Ribbon flowers. We've made gobs of ribbon and fabric flowers for Ann's wedding, and I'm quite pleased with how adorable they are. In fact, here's a little sneak preview of what's to come.
|Ribbon flowers on stems (and a tasteful jogging stroller in the background)|
|Fabric flower corsages for the lucky ladies in Ann's life|
4. The Hal Higdon Marathon training app for my iPhone. Yes, friends, I'm back in it, and I'm hesitant to say it just in case, but I'm training for a marathon December 4 in Dallas. Yippee! Tree told me the only problem is that the weather could either be gorgeous or really cold. Really cold? Bring it on. This little ice princess would love to see some cold (although I seriously doubt that Texas cold gels with my idea of cold...). Two concerns with marathon training - 1. I am officially changing age brackets, to the 30-39. WHAT? and 2. I seriously need to cut down on my ice cream intake.
5. How on earth do I thread my sewing machine? And why won't the top thread pick up the bobbin thread? I've been all up in that sewing machine, checking the instruction manual, watching YouTube videos, and yet I still can not get this dang thing fixed. Anyone? Anyone?
6. Here's a somewhat embarrassing one. Why am I so upset about the split between J Lo and Marc Anthony? Nate has been giving me all the celebrity news lately, and he had to break this one to me gently. Not that I think Marc Anthony is anything but skeezy... Perhaps it's like a Lucy/Desi situation, but I'm still sad for their sweet little babies.
7. Nate, Milo, Nate, Milo, Nate, Milo (repeat). But since when don't these two take up all the bright spots in my brain?
And on that note, let me say good-night.