Saturday, May 21, 2011

Date Night

Nate and I went out for our first date since Milo was born. We had an amazing time, although I definitely missed Milo while we were gone, and the date was a little on the short side. What's a couple to do in little old Lufkin after we're finished eating, don't want to see a movie, and aren't in the market to buy a car?

Well, what we did was eat at Olive Garden, and then hit Home Depot for an exciting evening of shopping... for a lawnmower and the supplies for a raised garden. Got a little paint for Nate to finish decorating the bathroom. Headed to Starbucks for a chai tea latte and then to Target for absolutely no reason at all. And then we cut the evening a little short because Milo didn't want to take a bottle from Ann, and we needed to feed him, and it was absolutely fine with us to head home early.

So that was our exciting night out. I'm sure there will be many more to follow in the coming years, but tonight was just the baby step I needed. Thanks, Ann, for keeping our little man safe and sound while we were out!

Now I'm off to watch hours of meaningless television - the full second season of Drop Dead Diva, a fabulous lifetime series that Ann and I are completely addicted to. I fully recommend my guilty little pleasure to anyone who enjoys a good "dramedy." Happy watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment