Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Best of both worlds

This morning, I ran four miles.
And then I promptly ate cake for breakfast. Not just any cake, mind you, since I normally don't like cake at all. It was a delicious cream cheese coffee cake with brown sugar crumbles on top. Yum!

But the running is definitely exciting. I've been several times this week, and I feel like I'm finally getting back in the game, and maybe I can run a marathon before the end of the year. Well, not maybe. I will definitely do it.

Nate and Chad offered to make Tree and I a marathon. But their brilliant idea was that we'd just run to Nacogdoches, along Highway 59. Seems like a bad idea to me... so I gave them a list of demands - a tee shirt, water stops every 2 miles, and plenty of people cheering for me. Nate said he had a drawer full of tee shirts, and Chad said that we have plenty of nephews. They can stand every 2 miles with a cup of water and yell, "Wooooooooo-hooooooo!" when they hand it to me. Hmmmm...

Anyway, I know that cake is definitely not on the meal plan for a runner in training, but then I remembered, I'm also a mommy, and my little breastfeeding boy wants some cake, dang it. Ahhh, the beauty of getting the best of both worlds. My little stud muffin is more important than a few extra pounds to drag around on my morning run!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome job on running 4 miles Kate!!! That is an amazing accomplisment!!!

    ReplyDelete