Monday, October 18, 2010

A yay kind of day

Well, we made it!  The housewarming party was a huge success on Saturday night, and I have to say, it's all because of Nate.  He's a party-planning genius, so if you're in the market for an event planner, let me know and I'll put you in touch with him.  He handles details and pressure like no one I've ever seen.  It's a skill I am sadly lacking... but then again, I'm the girl who quit my interior design degree when I realized that I abhor details of any kind.  It's what makes Nate and I work so well together, though.  I'm a big-picture kind of girl.

So we celebrated the success on Sunday with free tickets to the Texans vs. Chiefs game, and it was awesome!  Don't think I'm a nerd when I say this, but the highlight of the game for me was that President Bush, Sr. was the honorary referee and called the coin toss.  I was completely amazed, and probably because now I can say I've seen him twice in person - once when I interned at the 2004 Republican National Convention, and just yesterday.  On top of all that, we sat in the crazy fan section of the game, where everyone dresses in crazy attire and screams choice words at the refs, and it was a back-and-forth game that the Texans ended up winning in the last minute.  By the end, I could literally feel the concrete under me shaking and my eardrums vibrating.  Milo slept through the entire thing.  Either that, or he was just completely still because he was waiting for the final score with baited breath...

I went to the doctor this morning and only gained a pound in the last two weeks.  Thank you, Jesus.  I'm as healthy as a horse, and Milo is perfectly positioned head-down.  And now that the housewarming party is over, I can completely focus on the fact that our baby shower is coming up November 6, and I absolutely can't wait!  Could things get any better?  I mean, really? 

Happy Monday, everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment