Monday, October 25, 2010

Reality TV

Last night Nate and I both boo-hooed through the most horrible/wonderful episode of Extreme Makeover Home Edition.

The story?  A pregnant woman and her husband, who she dearly loves, buy an old cottage in the hopes of making it their fairy tale home.  Her water breaks, he goes out to do some chores before they leave for the hospital, and he never comes back - he dies of a heart attack.  The hospital sends two ambulances, one for her husband, and one for her because she's in labor.  She gives birth the very same day her husband dies.

HOLY CRAP!  I should have known it was going to be bad when Nate read the TiVo preview of the episode and just said, "Oh NO."  Then he looked at me and said, "Are you sure you want to watch this?" 

I insisted, and we ended up sharing tissues.  WHEW.  And even though it all turned out beautifully, and she got a wonderful home and special projects remembering her late husband, I still managed to cry every few minutes.  I seriously need to stop watching reality tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment