Sunday, October 24, 2010

My wonderful husband

Don't read this if you don't want to hear about the most amazing man alive.  Because who on earth has a husband as sweet and thoughtful as mine?

On Fridays, Nate's whole office gets to leave early - this Friday, he left at 2:30.  What would most men do with an extra hour and a half before they had to pick up their wives from work?  Head to the driving range?  Sit on the couch and veg for a while?  Maybe grab some lunch or spend some money on themselves?

Not mine.  He pulled up to pick me up from work with a grin on his face and a sheepish admission.  "Baby, I went to Hobby Lobby, and I spent a little bit of money."  I was just delighted that he had bought something for himself, but I should have known better!

He picked up an awesome vintage-looking train and truck for Milo's nursery, and we both exclaimed about it for a minute before he said, "That's not all," and opened the glove compartment, revealing a hot pink bag.  "This is for you."

I opened the bag and found an amazing purple headband, which I immediately put on (and boy did it spruce up my crazy ponytail...).  "There's something else in there."  I pulled out a gorgeous, huge ring, just the type that I love, and immediately went on and on about how sweet he was and how there was no way he had to do that.

"Well...  that's not all, either..."  He pulled out a Motherhood Maternity bag with an adorable dress and a gorgeous shirt, both for me (obviously).  How on earth could I be so spoiled?  Because my fabulous Nate definitely responded, "Well, you know how much I love to spend money on you." (sigh)  Perfection.  I should have a rough week more often.

Or not.  I'll just smile and enjoy having such a wonderful man.

No comments:

Post a Comment