Tuesday, October 12, 2010

All Points Bulletin

Well, here's the exciting news.  Last night, I had my very first real, true craving.  In fact, it really felt like an emergency.  Milo and I wanted, no, desperately needed, ice cream.  What else? 

So Nate and I set off on a late night (9:00 pm) ice cream adventure to Sonic, dressed in our pjs and me giggling in delight.  A cold front was breezing through and the night sky was completely lit up with lightning.  Even had we come home without ice cream, I still would have enjoyed myself. 

And we got the ice cream - a butterfinger and M&M blast for me, and a banana split for Nathan.  I went to set his down in our double cup holder, and he said, "No, baby, not there...  For that very reason."  Yes, I dumped the banana split into the cup holder, managed to save some of it, and then laughed all the way home despite the mess I was about to have to clean up.  Good for Nate - he already has someone to whom he can tell, "I told you so," with frequency.  I'm a good lesson for him in child-rearing.

No comments:

Post a Comment