Thursday, July 29, 2010

Pink or blue?

Ahhh, I just love my trips to my doctor, where I feel loved, appreciated, and celebrated.  And no, I'm not kidding.  I was more than delighted to hear how adorable I look pregnant, and how it's about time I started showing because I'm just so cute.  And I was ecstatic to hear multiple times how tiny I am (nobody will say no to that, right?).  But most of all, I couldn't help smiling when it took not one but two nurses to find the heartbeat on my little peanut, because that baby is a tumbler and a tease.  One of them kept saying, "How is this baby hiding?  She's so tiny, there's nowhere to go!"

The best part of my day, though, was when Nate pulled some strings at the hospital to get me in for my ultrasound appointment today.  He called a friend, who called a friend, so as soon as I had the order in my hand from my doctor, I marched myself straight into the hospital and to the admissions window.  It felt oh-so-good, although I did have to pee almost immediately because the nurses at the office gave me tons of cold water to make the baby extra active.  I think they were as excited for me as I was!

Nate and I were as giddy as kids, excited beyond belief to find out whether this wiggly little peanut in my tummy is a girl or a boy.  Are we doing a nursery in airplanes or polka dots?  Should we look forward to yellow or green?  What's the verdict?

And the ultrasound was amazing.  I saw our precious little baby's face... well, that is, when the peanut was still enough to see the face.  I marveled at each little part of the spine, and the incredibly large and healthy brain (HECK yes), and the fact that the peanut was waving at Nate and moving and squirming all over the place.  And then we found out the absolutely fabulous news that this little peanut is...

...a BOY!!!!  Bring on the mohawks and messes, the bugs and the boogers, the rough and tumble wrestling matches in our living room.  We're having a wiggly, cuddly, big-cheeked (yes, I could tell in the ultrasound), busy little boy!

And thank goodness, because my mom's self-esteem has shot up a ton today.  She predicted a boy, and this was the first time she's been right.  I could, in fact, hear her screaming that as I held the phone out as far as my arm could reach.  "A boy!  A boy!  I knew it!  This is the first time I've ever guessed right!!!"

5 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS!!! That's so exciting!! Glad you had a great ultrasound too! Isn't it just amazing?!? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I stand corrected. So much fun you are about to have! Congratulations Kate and Nate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! That is so exciting! Get ready to decorate that nursery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have you felt the little one move yet?

    ReplyDelete