Friday, July 9, 2010

Jenebrate, Jenny, Jenebrate...

JENEBRATION!!!

Oh that's right.  Tonight we are celebrating the fabulous Jen and her most exciting recent accomplishment - a new job working as a deaf ed aide at Lufkin ISD.  We're about to be working for the very same employer, or as Jen put it, "Now we work for the same superintendent!"  I'm amazingly proud of my Jenny-Jen, and to show how proud everyone is, the family is getting together to play DDR, chase around Berkley (who got a bath, sort of for the occasion...), and devour snacks (which is one of the things we all do best).  In other words, P-A-R-T-Y.  Jennypalooza, here I come!

Okay, now take a deep breath and prepare yourself for a drastic shift in topic.

When I asked Nate what I should blog about today, he said, "Why don't you just write about how fabulous I am?"with a devious smile.  Well, baby, you asked for it.  Because yes, Nathan Allen Jackson is pretty darn fabulous, and I'll tell you why.

During the day, Nate calls me just to hear my voice... and to tease me mercilessly about hating karaoke, throwing tantrums, or forgetting an event on our family calendar (all this happened today).  He has brilliant ideas about worship and moments with God sitting at his desk at work, which not only baffles me, but makes me feel a little melty.  And sometimes at night, when he can't sleep, he sings at the top of his lungs in our bedroom, and only if I am already awake do I realize it.

He also farts along with Ann in our living room, tickles me when I'm trying to concentrate (or sleep, or cook, or just when he needs attention), and makes me laugh until I pee a little (I'm pregnant, remember?).  He laughs when I preggo cry for no reason and then immediately pulls me close for a cuddle.  He thinks that maternity clothes are adorable and loves that I'm starting to show.  He lets me talk and talk and talk his ear off when he's trying to fall asleep, no matter how exhausted he is.  And he not only gives me the best advice, but also gives me the hardest time of anyone I know.  Yes, my Nate is even more than fabulous and I love him with all my heart, even when he's being a dickens (which he's just so good at).

1 comment:

  1. I would like to point out that I said to write about how AWESOME I am, not how fabulous I am. Although, it is great to know how fabulous I am as well.

    That was very funny and very sweet. You're writing never ceases to amaze me...even when it's silly, and definitely when it's about me. :)

    ReplyDelete