Friday, July 16, 2010

Ferocious Friday

Student loans, oh student loans, why won't you leave me alone?

Somehow I feel that, because I deal with rowdy teenagers and the future of our country on a daily basis, I should be given some sort of break.  And because I was young and dumb and had absolutely no one to counsel me on lending, plus I had to pay for school on my own, I should be given some grace.  And because Sallie Mae and AES call me more than my own mother, I really could use a Xanax... I suppose everyone has their own reason for why their students loans should be forgiven, right?

I'm fussing with all the mess of trying to consolidate, and it's not just federal loans, but there are some crazy private loans in there as well.

On top of all of that, my insurance has decided NOT to cover any more of my magic medicine, so all the worry is giving me a bad case of the pukes (Wait, is that the worry or the peanut? There's no telling.).

In other words, I am just plain cranky right now, and using my poor little blog to vent for a second before I go sit on the couch, sulk, and watch tv.  Aren't you glad you tuned in today?

For the sake of some discussion, let me mention that I completely skipped every day of my Texas History class at SFA (remind me to tell you why sometime) except test days, so I don't know much about the lone star state.  Last night Nate and I were trying to figure out how many different states were represented at the Alamo.  Does anyone know off the top of your head?  I googled for a while in the car on the way home from Houston, but never came up with anything.  And the only people we could think of who were there were Daniel Boone and Davy Crockett (way to go, Texas - you killed two of our national heroes on the same day).  Care to weigh in on this one?

I may go google it some more.  Or I may find myself some ice cream and a re-run of According to Jim.  Wish me luck.  I've got a nasty attitude to tame.

1 comment: