Monday, July 12, 2010

Love me some Ann

Anna Banana.  My delightful little sis.  She needed some attention after Nate got such a rave review, so I promised her the next blog would be all about her.

She lives with me and eats a remarkable amount for being so darn skinny.  I'll attribute it to the fact that she also uses more toilet paper than a gang of full-grown men (catch my drift?).  As previously mentioned, she has no trouble beating Nate in a farting contest, and puts all three of our dogs to shame when it comes to stench.

She also has no trouble sharing clothes with me, cleaning up after our dogs, and going to the store to get me food when I'm too sick to make myself eat.  Who else could get just as excited as me over the little things, like blizzards and gushers and leopard-print pumps?  Who else would spend an entire night anointing the whole house with oil and praying over every nook and cranny when I couldn't sleep?  And who else would be waiting as soon as we got home to watch tv, play tanks, and have family game nights?  It's Ann - our child, and one of the sweetest people I know (in competition with Jen "Mary Poppins" Dant).

The other day I told Ann we were going to get ice cream, and she just looked at me, seemingly puzzled. Since we had already mentioned how excited she was to have some, I was confused, and told her that after she got her shoes on, I was expecting her to look much more thrilled (joking, of course).  So she left the room to grab her purse, and came bursting out of her room like a tidal wave, door slamming against the wall, screaming, "WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!"  She scared the dogs, startled Nate, and earned a hug and a high five from me.  It was the most perfect, over-the-top fabulous reaction I could have gotten, and it was pure Ann.

I know sometimes Nate threatens to ground her, or tells her to go to her room, or gives her a ridiculously early curfew (please know that he's just kidding).  But how else could we protect the most beautiful, brilliant, wonderful and naive 20-year old we know?  If I didn't have an Ann in my house, I would spend a lot less time laughing, have a lot fewer adventures, and learn a lot less about myself and life.  I love my Anna Banana.

1 comment: