Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Lil' B

Well, it's been a few days since I promised new pictures of Berkley.  And here's a thought - ever tried to take pictures of a 6 month old puppy with your camera phone?  I'm sure you can imagine how it turned out...  First of all, here I am, trying to get her to hold still so Nate could snap a photo.  The dog on the left is Bruiser, my miniature french poodle, and in the foreground is Bella, the schnorky.  They were both quite pissy to not be the center of attention for that moment.  Note: Berkley is just smiling away, delighted with the whole situation.  (sidenote: can you tell I'm starting to get a preggo pooch?)

Now here I am, smiling like a special needs child because Berkley had just licked all over my face and entire left side.  At least she was sitting for the moment.  And believe me, it lasted only a moment.  I truly wasn't planning on being in ANY of the pics, but it was the only way to keep her still enough to snap a shot.


I'm pretty sure this is my favorite shot, simply because we have a similar one from when she was a tiny puppy.  (sniffle sniffle)




My little baby is growing into a... huger baby.  50 pounds now, and the vet is predicting between 70 and 100.  WHEW.  Nate has taught her to sit, stay, fetch, and from the sounds of it, is working on lying down right now.  That is, if he can get her to let go of her tennis ball.  I think it might be similar to a security blanket for her, although we wouldn't have to retrieve a blanket from under the couch every few minutes...

Lil' (big) Berkley.  She's making life quite interesting, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

  1. Great pictures! The first one is quite the family portrait! You will have to save that one to show the little one someday.

    Berkley is getting big. What a sweet face!

    ReplyDelete