Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Finally!

I did it!  I did it!
After 10 weeks of puking my guts out, with not a bit of physical activity in sight, I finally did it, and it felt so amazingly wonderful.
This morning I went for a run.  

Now granted, at least half of my run was a walk, and I felt a little off-balance and unsure, but I really and truly ran.  Thank you LORD.

I do have to mention that the day after I found out I was pregnant, I ran 8 miles.  And that I continued to run 3-5 miles every day for a while until I got so horribly sick... Wait, that's just too sad to think about.

And I also have to admit that I'm a little devestated that all of my running buds are going to run a marathon this year, and I'm the only one on the outs (now I have to quickly run one on my own after I have the baby and before I turn 30).

And let me finally add that I was extremely excited about taking a Zumba dance/aerobics class at the local hospital, until I called my doctor and he told me that I would absolutely NOT, under any circumstances, subject myself to that much bouncing around.  Nor can I ride roller coasters, ski, go on a cruise in November, slide down water slides or ride a four-wheeler.  

But I can run.  And by golly, I'm going to.

  

1 comment:

  1. (Don't tell, but I went down a couple water slides while I was pregnant with Kenzie.)

    Very happy that you were able to run again - hopefully this will help with the sicky yucky feelings!

    Start Zumba as soon as the baby is born! It's a lot of fun! I've been able to squeeze in a couple classes this summer, but my goal is go at least 2 times a week starting the week after next - IF my crazy life slows down!

    ReplyDelete