Tuesday, April 20, 2010

p.s.

Oh, and we coughed up the money to take Berkley to the vet - good thing.  She does NOT indeed, have allergies.  She does, however, have mange, and I'm pretty sure she's had it since we got her.  I feel somewhat cruel at having assumed it was allergies, or would cure itself.  The vet dipped her, gave her some medicine, and now she's condemned to the backyard for the next two weeks at least because she has to be quarantined from my other two dogs, who, hopefully, haven't caught it as well.
I'm a city girl.  I've never had a dog with mange.  I've never even known a dog with mange, and it's always seemed like a dirty, country thing (no offense) that no dog actually gets except the crazy wild ones.  So now I'm off to scour my entire house and pray for the best, while poor Berk (who lives to follow me around) gazes sadly from the sliding glass door.

Pray for me and my poor little puppy.  :(

2 comments:

  1. Poor Berkley. Poor you. Bright side...it isn't allergies. Hopefully all will be right in a couple of weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea no allergies ! I know she will get better soon...we adopted a dog with mange about 6 or 7 years ago and treated her and she got over and has been great ever since !

    ReplyDelete