Tuesday, April 6, 2010

As random as it comes

So today I have electric pink legs.  Don't be scared, it was on purpose - it's just the magic of tights.  But somehow I keep looking down at my legs and getting shocked, like they're screaming at me, "SURPRISE!!!  HERE WE ARE!!!"

Aside from that, today is a relatively low-key day.  Teaching infinitives and Lord of the Flies.  Would you like some random and interesting information?  "Lord of the Flies" is actually one translation of the word Beelzebub, which I'm sure you all know is another word for satan.  My kids seem blown away by the fact that the author is suggesting that man is innately evil, rather than good, especially in relation to children.  Ahhh, the pleasure of getting them to think.  It's immeasurable.  

And one final note.  Tonight, there had better be at least one sixteen-year-old going home on American Idol.  I'm starting to lose faith in America, especially after Didi went home last week. 

Happy Tuesday! 

3 comments:

  1. So...I was just reading your blog...Bug comes up to sit with me, sees your pic and starts screaming - "kate - Mama - look- Kate! Kate! KATE!" - Just so you know...you're loved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, I'm glad I found your blog :) Wow... that really felt weird to type "Kate" and not "Katye." I'm sure it's been years now since you made the switch though, huh?! :)
    I agree with your final note- the little kiddos have got to go! Of course, I haven't voted, so I guess I can't complain :)
    Anyway... I hope you're doing well!!

    ReplyDelete