Monday, April 5, 2010

I needed an Easter bonnet

I really wanted to have Happy Easter hair yesterday. 
I really tried to have it. 

And then Berkley found herself a hole under an upturned tree stump in the yard and promptly refused to budge.  How did this destroy my hair, you might ask?  Well, did I mention it took me 15 minutes to coax her out?  Did I mention that it was ridiculously humid and misting just a bit?  Oh, and did I also mention that the whole time I was shouting, "Berkley, you're supposed to be going potty! Come on, Berkley, make some pee-pee. Berkley, go potty!"?  I'm fairly confident that Bella, Bruiser, Nate and every one of our neighbors knew what Berkley was supposed to be doing.  And I am 100% confident that Berkley did not.  In fact, she seemed to think it was a game, and when she finally came prancing out, she immediately jumped up and put her muddy paws on my lavender Easter dress (it looked really cute with the galoshes I was tromping around the yard in). This potty training business is a lot more than I bargained for.

And on top of that, I am now considering cutting my hair off to the nubs. Think anyone would still be my friend?

3 comments:

  1. I'll still be your friend....but as your friend I have to tell you..."DON'T DO IT!" (And not cause you wouldn't look amazing, cause of course you would)
    Unless you're absolutely, and I mean ABSOLUTELY certain that's what you want...."DON'T DO IT"
    Ask yourself "Why am I doing this?" Is it just out of frustration???
    OH Kate...If you only knew the pain I've been going through trying to get my hair to grow back after chopping it off to the "nubs"
    It's no fun my friend.
    And you will miss it. The long locks. The pony tail days. You will miss it friend. And it will drive you to the brink of insanity. Brushing your hair 100, 200, 500 times a night, using a shampoo originally intended for horses...yes HORSES! Nearly covering your head in some sort of mayonnaise concoction that your family member swore made her hair grow 2 inches in a month! Just to make it grow back! *SIGH*
    I think I need to go have a cry now and brush my hair 500 times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dogs respond to energy more than sound ;) and letting their nose lead them is a good way to get them outta sticky situations......I know i keep commenting and giving advice...lol my gift from God is to take care of animals and dogs seem to be at the top...I study dog psychology :)
    You have a dog that was made for hunting so that hole was like home to her..she is bred to retrieve...

    ReplyDelete
  3. "In fact, she seemed to think it was a game, and when she finally came prancing out, she immediately jumped up and put her muddy paws on my lavender Easter dress (it looked really cute with the galoshes I was tromping around the yard in)."

    Been there! Done that! Wait until the little darling starts to laugh at the muddy paw prints she just put on your clean work outfit.

    ReplyDelete